What payment methods do you accept?
How can I get my question answered about setup, use, or any other issue?
The fastest way to reach us is by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We reply quickly!
The instructions are lost, where can I find them?
What is the equivalent DPI you get from scanning with your smartphone?
- Compare to the top DPI settings (up to 1200 DPI) of HP ENVY 6055, Plustek ePhoto Z300, Epson FastFoto FF-680W, Brother DS-640
Does the Scanner Bin come with an app?
- No, it is designed to work with all popular scanning and camera apps. We recommend Adobe Scan, CamScanner, Prizmo Go (for visually impaired), and Photomyne (for photos)
What are the tips for getting the best scanning results
- Generally, if the item you are scanning is not glossy, then we recommend to use the smartphone flash and the LED lighting (if available).
- In most apps, you can tap the screen to focus on a different area of the image. This also corrects for brightness. Therefore, it can help to tap a section that appears to be darker.
- To improve uniformity, we recommend to select “auto color” in Adobe Scan (under “Color” which is available after you take an image) and selecting either “Lighten” or “Magic Color” in Camscanner.
Why can’t I just use the app without the Scanner Bin?
- Scanner Bin helps in a few important ways:
- Avoiding significant shadows. Shadows from your hand and the smartphone or other sources cause the scanning app software to over compensate and “wash out” the lighter areas of the document.
- Repeatability and ease of use. It will consistently and properly align your device to the scanned object and relieve any issues with hands shaking.
- Proper lighting. The Scanner Bin allows you to either use your smartphone flash with minimal interference from other sources or you can use the LED’s (if included). The LED light is angled such that it does not create glare on the scanned image.
- Contrasting background. This allows the scanning app to see the edges of the scanned object and then implement the auto-cropping feature. Auto-crop is critical for scanning lots of items in a single session.
- Flattening folded paper. If you purchase a unit with the flat sheet, then it can be used to flatten receipts and letters for scanning.
Is the Scanner Bin constructed with cardboard?
- We evaluated the use of a variety of materials. The reason we chose cardboard was because that is all that is needed to achieve the desired functionality. It also results in the lowest possible price point for our customers – especially with shipping costs. We have included design elements and graphics to help it look sharp in any setting. However, it can also fold up and go in a drawer or be placed in a closet if it does not fit your office motif.
Which smartphones and tablets does the Scanner Bin work with? How does it account for differences in camera/lens focal lengths?
- We are unaware of any smartphone models that do not work with the Scanner Bin if you use scanning apps that do not automatically zoom in. The Scanner Bin is not optimized for use with tablets, but some do work.
- The Adjustable version has two settings for the distance between the device and the scanned object. Therefore, you can also use the apps that automatically zoom in.
What paper sizes work with the Scanner Bin?
- It is optimized for 8.5”x11” documents or up to 8 x 10” photos or receipts. However, the scanning area is 9.5”x14” for the Easy Setup version and 9”x13” for the Adjustable version.
How does the Scanner Bin avoid glare spots on photographs or glossy paper/ink?
- For scanning glossy objects, please turn your smartphone flash off and use the LED’s which are positioned such that the light will not cause glare.
How can I achieve perfectly even lighting on my scans?
The best setup we offer for this is utilizing the extra LED panel in the add-on kit, two stabilizer bars, and an Adjustable Scanner Bin. Please see this video for more information
If I’m blind or visually impaired or have a movement disorder, which Scanner Bin is recommended?
- The Easy Setup version is far simpler to assemble and is recommended.
What is special about the LED’s used in the Scanner Bin?
- We had the LED’s custom designed and experimented with dozens of versions. Here are some of the design requirements:
- Too dim and they cannot overpower ambient light
- Too bright and they create more shadows and non-uniformity
- Optimized CCT (color temperature) and high CRI (color rendering index) to avoid color shifting or tinting of the scanned image.
Questions about the Adjustable Scanner Bin
In my phone’s viewfinder, it’s seeing the corner of the top panel. Is that going to show up in the scan?
- No, either you can let the software auto-crop that out or you can zoom in slightly to avoid that.
What are all the points of adjustability?
- The smartphone platform can be set to two different height positions.
- The smartphone platform can be pushed forward and backwards.
- You can remove the smartphone platform and scan through the opening in the base unit.
- You can push the LED panel forward and pull it backwards.
- You can change the angle of the LED’s by bending the LED panel at the marked score.
- You can also bend the LED panel at other places if it improves your scanning quality.
- With the Add-on kit, you can remove flap C and attach a second LED panel so that light enters the enclosure from two directions. Stablizer bars are provided to hold the base unit upright.
Questions about the Easy Set-up Scanner Bin
Does the Easy Set-up Scanner Bin come with LED’s?
- No the LED’s are sold separately in the Add-on kit.
I received my unit and it doesn’t seem to be square. Is there a construction issue?
- No, this is just due to the shipping format. Please see this video to correct it.
Ordering and delivery
Can I place an order without creating an account?
Yes. You can place an order as a guest with no obligation to create an account.
Where is my order confirmation?
This is automatically sent to your email address when you place an order. If you haven’t received your order confirmation within 24 hours, please get in touch at email@example.com just in case there’s a problem with your order. Please check your mailbox’s spam or junk folder in case the order confirmation has been diverted there.
How do I cancel my order?
There is only a short amount of time between when you place your order and when we start processing it. If you contact us straight away after ordering, via firstname.lastname@example.org, we may be able to cancel your order before it’s processed. If not, we’ll despatch your order and then you can return it to us if you wish upon receiving it.
When will my order arrive?
Orders that require shipping within the U.S. will be delivered within three to ten days, depending on your preferred shipping method. Shipping to countries outside of the U.S. may take up to 14 days. Please get in touch if your order hasn’t been delivered according to the expected timescales, and we will check your order status.
What countries do you ship to?
If you would like to order from outside of the United States, please email us at email@example.com for a quote on shipping.
Can I return or exchange an item?
We have a 30-day return policy, which means you have 30 days after receiving your item to request a return.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it. You’ll also need the receipt or proof of purchase.
How do I return an item?
To start a return, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your return is accepted, we’ll send you a return shipping label, as well as instructions on how and where to send your package. Items sent back to us without first requesting a return will not be accepted.